Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: I have to be dumb....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I have to be dumb....

    Ok, so I am reading all this stuff about the health care bill and public option. I understand NONE of it. Apparently it is either in to big of words for my tiny mind to understand or something. Hopefully I am not the only person with this problem of not understanding, I would hate to be dumb by myself. LOL. So can anyone give me a lamens term rundown of this?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    The public option? The main objective is to cover most, almost all, of the tens of million without coverage...but also try to lower, mainly contain, the rising of premiums by injecting competition into the industry.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    But the public option is not free, the cost is supposed to be inline with the private sector. The coverage is basically and 80%-20% deal.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    What will end up happening is everyone will get coverage but those who have coverage now will probably end up with worse coverage.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    The public option? The main objective is to cover most, almost all, of the tens of million without coverage...but also try to lower, mainly contain, the rising of premiums by injecting competition into the industry.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

    So when my co pay shoots up triple, or I have to start paying 20%, that I do not have to pay now....am I suppose to thank Mr. Obama?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

    So when my co pay shoots up triple, or I have to start paying 20%, that I do not have to pay now....am I suppose to thank Mr. Obama?
    Why would it do that? What makes you think it would?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    Insurance companies are totally out of control, so are medical costs. Even if you have insurance they try their best not to pay for anything and medical providers have become by far the most aggressive debt collectors in the country while over billing for hundreds of items and procedures.

    They are both going to have to be reined in and reined in hard. In a perfect world maybe this wouldn't be the best way, but this ain't a perfect world.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    Insurance companies are totally out of control, so are medical costs. Even if you have insurance they try their best not to pay for anything and medical providers have become by far the most aggressive debt collectors in the country while over billing for hundreds of items and procedures.

    They are both going to have to be reined in and reined in hard. In a perfect world maybe this wouldn't be the best way, but this ain't a perfect world.
    Insurance companies are the reason for the legislation needed.
    They have made it so difficult to get medical care needed, without having to jump thru hoops of fire.

    They make you pay outrageous fees, and make it almost impossible to get some procedures done and have them covered.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    One of the biggest reasons I supported Obama was his Healthcare plan, for several reasons....



    1) The public option, it's the closest this country will ever come to a single payer system. It covers the uncovered and would help with the ridiculous costs for the ones who want to keep what they have.

    2) Get rid of the "preexisting condition" shit and make them cover. Seriously, who has a problem with that and why?

    3) Allow imported prescription drugs, this is huge. Cosmo from your other thread, this would be a big help to people in your situation...which is common, all too common here. Again, who has a problem with that and why?

    4) The big changes and progress for Vets in the healthcare area, which he has already started. He's did quite a bit for them already, #1 reason my grandfather(a vet) voted for the first time in his life...for Obama.

    5) Making it possible for Medicare to negotiate for cheaper prescriptions. I read an article a month or so ago that said our seniors pay more for their drugs than any other country in the world...that's shameful. Anyone have a problem with that and why?




    The main point is that the big insurance/drug companies control the entire industry completely, they can charge whatever they want. They have the people of this country by the balls, playing by little rules. With his plan, there will be some much needed competition and much needed regulation. The ones opposed to this I just don't get, they are so obsessed with the idea of the gov. being involved...that they've let these companies come in and do whatever they want, but hey it's not "socialism" right? I've never seen an attack like this from the right or really anyone, this is nothing but politics, an opportunity to get votes with a hot-button issue like this...while the American people continue to suffer. What's the republicans plan that's supposed to be better than this legislation being proposed by the dems? Or a better question is, what's the republicans plan period?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    What will end up happening is everyone will get coverage but those who have coverage now will probably end up with worse coverage.
    Can't get much worse than it is already...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •